Subject: Welcome to the GIMP GUI List

From: Jehan - GIMP <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 18:00:40 +0200

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that the GIMP team has opened a new mailing list 
dedicated to discuss user interaction in GIMP, in particular graphical 
interaction.

This is a place to discuss of the future of GIMP interface and any
decision should lead to properly designed specifications for further
implementation.
Anyone interested in participating should be aware of GIMP "product
vision", and works done in the previous years (cf.
http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign) since this is the
continuation of such works, and not a change of vision.

Of course, the same code of conduct (which you can read here:
http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html) applies here, as on all other
mailing lists managed by the GIMP project.

The main other major place to discuss will be the good ol' main #gimp 
IRC channel on irc.gimp.org. There is no channel dedicated to UX 
discussion. I am not planning to make one for now, unless GUI discussion 
were starting to overflowing the main channel.

The gui.gimp.org wiki will contain researches, studies, specifications, 
work-in-progress info, etc. Accounts are to be asked to GIMP developers, 
but there is no need to rush and ask one right now, since we will have 
to discuss how to organize wiki collaboration first (to differentiate 
between proposed, accepted and finale specs in particular).

Have fun!

Jehan

-- 
http://girinstud.io

---

From: Pat David <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 16:36:07 +0000

Replying to the list to make sure google inbox handles this correctly.

This entire GUI UI/UX effort would be easier if everyone just listened to
me... :D

p

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM Jehan - GIMP <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> gimp-gui-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list
>

---

From: Jehan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 18:36:56 +0200

On 2015-10-08 18:36, Pat David wrote:
> This entire GUI UI/UX effort would be easier if everyone just listened
> to me... :D

What did you say? I can't hear/read you. :P

Jehan

>> http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign [1]) since this is
>> the
>> http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html [2]) applies here, as on all
>> other
>> IRC channel on irc.gimp.org [3]. There is no channel dedicated to
>> UX
>> The gui.gimp.org [4] wiki will contain researches, studies,
>> specifications,
>> http://girinstud.io [5]
>> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list [6]
> 
> 
> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign
> [2] http://www.gimp.org/mail_lists.html
> [3] http://irc.gimp.org
> [4] http://gui.gimp.org
> [5] http://girinstud.io
> [6] https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list
>