Subject: [Gimp-gui] 2.9 / 2.10 icon themes

From: Andrew Pullins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:59:58 -0500

I am working on updating my theme
<http://android272.deviantart.com/art/Flat-GIMP-icon-Theme-V-2-1-375010811> to
work with 2.9 and 2.10 and I had a few questions.  I could not find what
many themes call the imagerc file in the icon themes.  This file is what
tells gimp where each icon is in your theme.  It looks as though GIMP 2.9
has this file built in, that as long as you have your icons named the what
gimp expects them to be named and where gimp expects them to be then when
you switch icon themes every thing works.

This sound great except that it causes two problems when it comes to my
theme.  The first problem is that my theme uses different icons depending
on their state, if the icon is active or selected they are orange.  the
second is that my theme changes most all icons including the ones that are
shared between gnome applications on linux example the undo and redo icons
in the history dialog or the up and down arrows in the layers dialog.

Does anyone know if this is the way it is going to be? Or do I have to
change these icons a different way now?

--
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live
with him.

<https://www.facebook.com/android272>
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/113439282950133616549/posts>
<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-pullins/6a/2b3/366>
<https://twitter.com/android272>  <http://android272.deviantart.com/>