Subject: [Gimp-gui] Gimp Themes on Linux + KDE

From: Gabriela Wieczorek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 22:17:36 +0100

Hi, i created few dark themes for Gimp, here is the project:
http://gimpstuff.org/content/show.php/GIMP+Theme+Project?content=165803
But they work perfectly only on Windows, now when i install Linux:
Linux Mint 17.3 with KDE, none of the theme (my or downloaded from net)
don't work properly - my kde plasma style always wins, and default
background color for main
gimp windows stays with basic system colors, not with the theme.
How can i change the files in my themes, so they will work properly?
I manege to turn-off wilber logo,changed icons to mono, i don't want back
to Windows ;/
Plase, tell me what i miss, not even one of my/outside themes don't work
properly with kde ;/

---

From: Jehan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 22:44:15 +0100

Hello Gabriela,

On 2016-01-23 22:17, Gabriela Wieczorek wrote:
> [1]
> I manege to turn-off wilber logo,changed icons to mono, i don't want
> back to Windows ;/
> Plase, tell me what i miss, not even one of my/outside themes don't
> work properly with kde ;/

As a note, this mailing list is dedicated to discuss UX and GUI on GIMP 
core, not to deal with user problems. For this, you should have asked on 
the [email-masked] mailing list.

This said, a few people here are knowledgeable on themes, so you may be 
lucky and get an answer anyway.
As for I, I can't really help you for sure, but from what I understand, 
there are issues with GTK+ themes under KDE with default settings. Our 
new themes have this comment:

# KDE:
#
# * For this theme to work under KDE users will need to disable either
#   "Apply colors to non-QT applications" or "Apply KDE Colours to 
Non-KDE
#   apps" depending on the version.

Not sure if this will help you with your issue. Hopefully yes. If not, 
someone more informed may make a better answer.
Have fun with GIMP.

Jehan

> Links:
> ------
> [1] 
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-gui-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list