Subject: Re: [Gimp-gui] Layer mask button for the layers toolbar, feature additions?

From: [Ben] <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 05:18:38 -0500

I've updated the patch to make white the default initial mask setting 
and switched to ctrl-shift clicking (configurable through the masks 
preference) and added ctrl-alt shift click to bring up the dialog when 
needed. As always clicking on the image with either key combination will 
add or remove the mask for that layer.

Bug report with patches https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=759601

Video of its use is here (was using ctrl only originally) 
https://youtu.be/WYyiRFKvYBg

Ben

On 2015-12-14 21:00, Ben wrote:

    I had posted a patch to a bug report to add support for a button to be
    added to the toolbar for the layer dialog/widget (see
    https://imgur.com/wkyxoqM), but it's been suggested i post here for
    starters to start a dialog. So here i go :)

    I was wondering what the reticence to having the button there was.
    Photoshop has a similar feature to add layer masks which avoids having
    to reach for the menu to enable it.