Subject: Re: [Gimp-gui] GIMP Theme UI now and future.

From: staedtler-przyborski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 14:56:42 +0100

> 2) There seems to be miscomprehension about the icons, which are now 
> separate from the UI theme. The theme only has pngs used to render the 
> widgets underneath those, the rest is furnished by the new icon 
> themes. So i don't really have to support them since they are two 
> separate entities.
> Ben
I've painted some of the missing symbolic icons. As all of the 
symbolic-icons  are scalable vector graphics size is not a matter. Just 
for fun I've tested some of them blown up to 512x512 pixels (in fact the 
size can be near infinite - as long it is computable).

@Ben
I've seen on one of your screen-shots, that the n-point deformation tool 
icon looks slightly different (handles are not so clearly visible) in 
inversed-symbolic compared to symbolic. Is this true ? If yes, I can 
provide a corrected one. Thanks

Klaus

---

From: Jehan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 15:57:41 +0100

Hi,

On 2016-01-02 14:56, staedtler-przyborski wrote:
> symbolic-icons  are scalable vector graphics size is not a matter.
> Just for fun I've tested some of them blown up to 512x512 pixels (in
> fact the size can be near infinite - as long it is computable).
> 
> @Ben
> I've seen on one of your screen-shots, that the n-point deformation
> tool icon looks slightly different (handles are not so clearly
> visible) in inversed-symbolic compared to symbolic. Is this true ? If
> yes, I can provide a corrected one. Thanks

We use a single SVG icon. If there is a problem with an icon when 
inverted, then the icon should be fixed. We don't want a different icon 
for the inverted icon set.

This will be even truer when we will make the GTK+3 switch where we 
won't even need to re-render an inverted set, since this will be done 
automatically on dark themes, if not mistaken.

This said, if you discover a problem with one of the icons, you are 
welcome to contribute a non-inverted updated version. Don't make 2 
versions, is all I am saying.
We are always looking for contributors. :-)

Jehan

> Klaus
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-gui-list mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list

---

From: staedtler-przyborski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 20:48:02 +0100

> yes, I can provide a corrected one. Thanks

Handle-transform (mixed that up n-point deformation) didn't work 
correctly on dark-themes

corrected one is uploaded, only symbolic (no-inverted), see

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=759673

luckily latest build with dark-theme was published some minutes ago in 
in gimp-edge ppa, so I could test and verify corrected one by myself.

Klaus Staedtler

---

From: john smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 10:17:19 -0500

On 2 January 2016 at 14:48, staedtler-przyborski
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> inversed-symbolic compared to symbolic. Is this true ? If yes, I can provide
>> a corrected one. Thanks
>
>
> Handle-transform (mixed that up n-point deformation) didn't work correctly
> on dark-themes
>
> luckily latest build with dark-theme was published some minutes ago in in
> gimp-edge ppa, so I could test and verify corrected one by myself.
>
> Klaus Staedtler
>
>
>

I just compiled using vagrant-gimp and tried the Dark-Side-Of-Gimp and
something is very off.
See attached for an image of the preferences and how you can't read anything.

John